Monday, May 27, 2019

Change of Focus

It's been a long time since I've posted anything here, as I've had a change of focus and no longer dwell on floral gardening only.  My front flower garden randomly placed in the middle of the yard where a fence once stood, no longer made sense, and was removed.  Now I focus on growing food.  My main back garden has been converted to a vegetable garden with a combination of raised beds.  The two silver maples that once graced the back yard with abundant shade, had a bad winter and showed their age by dropping heavy limbs on the neighbor's property.  This resulted in their removal, and a change from full shade to a full sun environment.

After a good cry about losing my beloved old maples, it was time to get to work and make lemonade out of lemons and extend the vegetable gardens along the area where the trees once stood.  In addition, I've added four more fruit trees and a raspberry patch that will hopefully produce well in years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment